Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ain't no thing but a chicken wing

Yesterday I bought a new cook book, Real Simple dinner tonight: done!. I found it at the check out line at Shaws. Great book all about quick easy meals. Great for a family that both work long hours and don't have the energy to cook big meals. I took tonights meal from one of these recipes, grilled teriyaki wings. We had bought a pound and half of chicken wings yesterday, and a bottle of Merlie's Magic a spicy orange pineapple sauce. As soon as I saw the recipe I knew I had to try it with this sauce. And it was real easy, first take the wings and grill them for about 20 minutes. I don't have a grill so I used the broiler, basically the same thing. I let them cook for five minutes, then rotated the pan 180 and cooked for five more minutes, then flipped them over and cooked for five more minutes. Then I took them out of the broiler, patted them dry and covered in the sauce. I used a large mixing bowl, filled it with more than 3/4 of the bottle and tossed the wings in the bowl. After they were well coated I placed them back in the broiler for three more minutes a side, when I flipped them I brushed them with the rest of the sauce in the mixing bowl. I served them with a small bowl of the remaining sauce from the bottle, for a dipping sauce, and had wild rice and snap peas as side dishes. These came out great!! It was so easy and so tasty!! Took less than 25 minutes to make. The next time you have the guys over for the game these would be so easy to make! Or if you are having a dinner party they would make a great appetizer that would sure to impress any of your "foodie" friends. I was going to have a picture of the wings but Noel and I devoured them way too quickly, as I said them came out great. Kind of what you would expect from a restaurant.

So since I have come back from Chile I have been drinking the PINK, real men drink Pink Wine!!Thank you Timmy for reminding me how much I love rose wine. Light berry fruit, low tannins, easy drinking. Last night I had the A to Z rose. I stop by Milton Market yesterday to do a little food shopping and to see my friend Tim. While there I had to ask Tim for a suggestion on a bottle. I love to see what other people are drinking, especially people that have a similar taste as I do. When I said red he said what about rose, knowing he LOVES his rose I had to go with one. the A to Z was beautiful, lot of cherry fruit with hints of strawberry, and red current. I was happy to have brought this to our friends house. While we were out shopping we also stopped by Beacon Hill Wine and Gourmet in Melrose. I love this place but I could spend my paycheck there. We bought two wine and a cheese cake mix. Noel made the mix and it came out wonderful!!! Tonight with dinner I drank the rose I bought at the shop, Rose d'Anjou from Remy Pannier 2010. This was also really nice, it had more candy light fruit, strawberries and red currants and was much lighter in body than the A to Z. It went really well with the spicy orange pineapple sauce on the chicken wings. Just enough sweetness to go with the small amount of heat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment