Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A recipe from Chef MOM

Growing up, we all had meals that mom made that made us think she was a five star chef. My mom was queen of the slow cooker, pot roasts, sweetish meatballs and my most favorite pulled chicken in gravy. She made this a lot and we all couldn't get enough. My brother and would rush through the first plate to make sure we got a second. This recipe is stupid easy! In a slow cooker put two chicken breast (now I only cook for Noel and I but it's a chicken breast per person) a jar of gravy, and a can a cream of mushroom soup. About 15 minutes before it's done take the biscuits you find in a can, I like the the flaky grand biscuits myself, and bake them. To serve cut the biscuits in half and spoon the chicken over the biscuits. After eight hours the chicken is like pulled pork. Mmm mmm good! That's my mom's way. I have started to put my own touch to this recipe and 15 minutes canned or frozen veggies to the mixture corn, peas and carrots can give it more of chicken pot pie feel. This was the first meal I ever made in my very own slow cooker, I pretty much bought a slow cooker to make this!!!! Thank you mom!

If you have read my post Friends, Meatloaf and Three wines, you would know that I have recently found the wines by Charles Smith. Last night I went looking for the Charles and Charles rose but the wine shop down the street didn't have it. Today I made sure to keep my eyes open so I could grab it from one of my accounts had it. I finally found it at the Wine Emporium on Tremont Street in the South End. If you are ever in the area stop by and tell Max, Muffin sent you. They have a huge wine selection and all the employees are very knowledgeable in wine, beer and spirits. So this wine first jumped out at me because the POS said, "yes you can drink rose and still be a bad ass", there is no wonder why I wanted to try this!! 100% Syrah and a collaboration  between Charles Smith and Charles Bieler of Three Thieves. This Washington State wine definitely was worth the money. Not too sweet with nice hints of candy fruits and a little effervescence. It went well with dinner and Jeopardy. If you are not sure if you like rose wines this is a good one to start with. I really have been loving the wines from Washington State lately. They make great Syrah, Merlot, and Riesling among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment