Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rose are red, Violets are blue, My wine is PINK

Today is my four year wedding anniversary. Wow four years married, nine years together. Tonight I am on my own, Noel has to work until nine. So when I saw a Rose Sancerre at Broadway Market in Cambridge I had to buy it for tonight. A little wine knowledge, Sancerre is a small region in Loire Valley, France. Today it is known for some of the best Sauvignon Blanc in the world. Historically however, it was a red grape region, made of 100% Pinot Noir. In my opinion the Red Sancerres that I have had are better than most Burgundys that I have had. I love the fact that they are so rare to find, most wine shops don't carry Red Sancerre and when they do they tend to be pricey.

This wine is from Pascal et Nicolas Reverdy, its the Sancerre Terre de Maimbray 2010, a pale rose that is 100% Pinot Noir. It has a great perfumey, floral noise and the palate keeps you happy with wonderful tart strawberry and cherry. There are many cheaper roses out there that will make you a rose fan, but if you have the money this wine is well worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment